Sunday, December 29, 2013

Christmas Card - Stampin' Up! "Festive Flurry" on ink pad drag

Ink Pad drag is one of my favourite techniques, in that it is so easy to create a lovely backgrounds.  I used this technique with the gorgeous Stampin' Up! snow flake stamp set of Festive Flurry (WM131778 / CM131781) and the greeting from Joyful Christmas (WM 131802 / CM131805) and the result is clean, crisp and so easy to recreate in mass.  I made around 100 of these in 2 hours.

 Island Indigo and Costal cabana on Pool Party background...
I added Dazzling Details 124117 to the flakes and it made the Ink colour so much darker...and glittery
Real Red, Melon Mambo and Blushing Bride on Pink Pirouette background...
A Crafty Cat:  Stampin' Up! Christmas cards with festive flurry on an ink pad drag.
The colours died on this one, Marina Mist on a Tempting Turquoise background...
A Crafty Cat:  Stampin' Up! Christmas cards with festive flurry on an ink pad drag...yesssss more Dazzling Details
Purples, this gave the most unusual colours - Elegant Eggplant, Wisteria Wonder and Perfect Plum on Wisteria Wonder Ink Pad Drag...
A Crafty Cat:  Stampin' Up! Christmas cards with festive flurry on an ink pad drag.
Although in some instances the same colours were used on the snow flake and background, there is a significant colour difference because the drag gives a thinner application AND for the background drag I used the old pads to ensure I got that textured / lined background.  This is especially evident for the above cards with the third card closed showing that I had in fact used Wisteria Wonder.

Two days until Christmas and I still have so much to share with you.  Unfortunately I've not been able to achieve posting all the cards I wanted before Christmas simply because I have crashed with chronic fatigue.  I am up and down like a yo yo, so bare/bear with me and know there is more to come x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment